running winmx with wine

Christian Schoenebeck christian.schoenebeck at epost.de
Mon Jul 29 09:05:38 CDT 2002

*** please cc me - I'm offlist ***

Hi!

I'm trying to run winmx with wine. The installation procedure of winmx gave
me hope that it will work and I had no problems, but after finishing
installation winmx died without an error message. Now everytime I try to

	wine "C:\Program Files\WinMX\WinMX.exe"

I just get these messages:

Invoking /usr/bin/wine.bin C:\Program Files\WinMX\WinMX.exe ...
fixme:ole:CoRegisterMessageFilter stub
fixme:shdocvw:CWebBrowserImpl_AllocObj ()
fixme:shdocvw:WBPCI2_GetGUID stub: dwGuidKind = 1, pGUID =
{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}
fixme:shdocvw:WBPCI2_GetClassInfo stub: LPTYPEINFO = (nil)
fixme:shdocvw:WBQA_QuickActivate stub: QACONTAINER = 0x4055612c, QACONTROL =
0x4055616c
fixme:shdocvw:WBPSI_InitNew stub
fixme:shdocvw:WBOOBJ_Close stub: ()
fixme:shdocvw:CWebBrowserImpl_Destructor (0x4037738c)
fixme:ole:CoRegisterMessageFilter stub
Wine exited with a successful status

No winmx window is appearing. Can someone tell me if it's possible to run
winmx at all or do I have to give up?

Thanks,

Christian