Major opcode of failed request: 91 (X_QueryColors)

Elizabeth Barham soggytrousers at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 29 19:39:16 CDT 2002

Hi Everyone,

I compiled a program using Wine and made an executable that works
(nice job ya'll!). However, when I first tested it I was on a remote X
Server and right now I'm limited to working a 486SX laptop where the
XServer is local as are the clients and with this setup I'm
experiencing problems.

When I try to run these graphic programs (the CLI programs seem to
work fine), I receive this error:

X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  91 (X_QueryColors)
  Value in failed request:  0x7f
  Serial number of failed request:  9

This happens prior to the drawing functions. I searched the network
and others have received similar errors (not with wine, though) when
using WindowMaker, which I use. So I switched to twm (I'd rather not
install all of gnome) but the problem persists.

Is there a simple method one can suggest that would remedy this
problem?

Thank you,
Elizabeth