Setting custom parameters for wine-programs

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Wed Jul 31 12:40:28 CDT 2002

Sylvain Petreolle wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> Trying to set custom paramters for a wine-program as wcmd for example
> doesn't work for me.
>
> I tried setting
> [AppDefaults\\wcmd.exe.so\\x11drv]
> "Desktop"= "N"
>
> and
> [AppDefaults\\wcmd.exe\\x11drv]
> "Desktop"= "N"
>
> when global is
> "Desktop"="640x480".
>
> wcmd is displayed on a 640x480 desktop.
>
> Is there a workaround ?

Perhaps you already know this, but for what it is worth... The other way
around, it works fine. I do not have a global Desktop parameter (it is
commented out), and only specify a Desktop size for specific apps. That
does indeed only provide a desktop for those particular apps.

Which leads me to believe that the mechanism within wine works, but
there is just a simple logic problem when determining whether or not to
use a desktop. While I do not know where to look, I suspect that once
the location in the wine code is found, the fix will be trivial.