Meditech and Wine

Craig Gauss gaucra at rhahealthcare.org
Tue Jun 11 16:10:57 CDT 2002

I am trying to get our Meditech application to work on a Mandrake 8.1 in
GNOME.  I am getting the following messages when I try to run it:

The application runs, sort of.  The screen is a complete mess.

Warning:
  The Wine launcher is unable to find xmessage.

  The launcher script relies heavily on finding this tool, and without it,
it will behave poorly.

  Most Linux distributions have one or the other of theese tools.
  We strongly recommend that you use your distibution’s software methods to
locate xmessage.

Invoking /opt/wine/bin/wine.bin T.exe...

/usr/bin/wine:  -timeout: command not found
Wine cannot find the FreeType font library.  To enable Wine to use TrueType
fonts please install a version of FreeType greater than or equal to 2.0.5.

http://www.freetype.org

fixme:font:AddFontResourceA (C:\\Program
Files\\MEDITECH\\Workstation3.x\\T_FONT15.FON”):stub! Read the Wine User
Guide on how to install this font manually.

fixme:palette:SetSystemPaletteUse (08a8,0001):stub

err:module:PE_fixup_imports Module (file) MFC42.DLL (which is needed by
C:\Program Files\MEDITECH\Workstation3.x\VMSysInfo.dll) not found
err:win32:PE_LoadLibraryExA can't load C:\Program
Files\MEDITECH\Workstation3.x\VMSysInfo.dll
err:module:MODULE_LoadLibraryExA Loading of native DLL C:\Program
Files\MEDITECH\Workstation3.x\VMSysInfo.dll failed (error 14), check this
file.
fixme:font:RemoveFontResourceA ("C:\\Program
Files\\MEDITECH\\Workstation3.x\\T_FONT15.FON"):stub
Wine exited with a successful status

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.