Has anyone tested AutoCad 2000 with any recent wine ?

Matts kivik at firstlinux.net
Wed Jun 12 11:04:13 CDT 2002

Great, it sounds as if it can be working seriously sooon.

Is there any way a non wine developer can help with point 3 in the HOWTO ? (ie finding why ARX apps hang). Solving that will solve a lot of the other points and it will be closer to wider usage.

3) Open SYSTEM.REG file in ~/.wine and remove ALL lines with
LOADCTRLS=....... and save it.
Don't ask why, I dunno but this prevents loading of an ARX
app that hangs Autocad.

The FONTS issue is a one time problem, and the regen might not be to hard to solve. (dirty hack, somehoe regen at each mouserelease).