network printing

Lovie Lavarias loviel at skyinet.net
Mon Jun 17 14:19:07 CDT 2002

Hi Huw,

> I am trying to run DacEasy Accounting for Windows version 9.0
>  using codeweavers wine on redhat and Mandrake. I seem to be gaining
> success with its operation but I seem not able to print. When I click on
> the "Print" button, the program terminates. I tried to print running
> window's notepad.exe and it works fine. I just added the following line
> as indicated in the how-to printing in wine:
>
> [ppd]
> "generic"="/home/lovie/generic.ppd"
>
> ** [parallel ports] and [Spooller] sections were left blank.
>
> The wine.log.xxxx says:
>
> fixme:psdrv:PSDRV_BITMAP_SelectObject stub
> fixme:psdrv:PSDRV_BITMAP_SelectObject stub
> fixme:psdrv:PSDRV_BITMAP_SelectObject stub
> err:win:WIN_FindWndPtr window 20021 belongs to other process
> err:win:WIN_FindWndPtr window 20021 belongs to other process
> fixme:psdrv:PSDRV_BITMAP_SelectObject stub
> fixme:psdrv:PSDRV_BITMAP_SelectObject stub
> fixme:psdrv:PSDRV_BITMAP_SelectObject stub
> fixme:psdrv:PSDRV_BITMAP_SelectObject stub
> err:win:WIN_FindWndPtr window 20027 belongs to other process
> err:win:WIN_FindWndPtr window 20027 belongs to other process
> err:win:WIN_FindWndPtr window 20027 belongs to other process
> err:win:WIN_FindWndPtr window 20027 belongs to other process
> err:win:WIN_FindWndPtr window 20027 belongs to other process
> err:win:WIN_FindWndPtr window 20027 belongs to other process
> err:win:WIN_FindWndPtr window 20027 belongs to other process
> err:win:WIN_FindWndPtr window 20027 belongs to other process
> err:win:WIN_FindWndPtr window 20027 belongs to other process
> err:win:WIN_FindWndPtr window 20027 belongs to other process
> fixme:psdrv:PSDRV_BITMAP_SelectObject stub
> fixme:psdrv:PSDRV_BITMAP_SelectObject stub
> fixme:psdrv:PSDRV_BITMAP_SelectObject stub
> fixme:commdlg:PRINTDLG_PaperSize papersize is 2099 x 2970
> fixme:commdlg:_c_10mm2size returning 2099/100 mm
> fixme:commdlg:_c_10mm2size returning 2099/100 mm
> wine:Unhandled exception, starting debugger . . . . . . . . .
>
> Please help,
>
> Thank you in advance.
>

> Lovie

> Leonardo "Lovie" Lavarias Jr.
> Hypertech Corporation, Philippines
> snail mail : 2D freestar Arcade, Hernan Cortes St., Subangdaku,
> 		Mandaue City, Cebu, Philippines
> Voice      : (6332)-345-0822  Fax:  (6332)-345-4009
> Web page   : http://www.hypertech.com.ph

Looks like the X error here is causing the problem, so it's not
actually a problem with printing as such.  I guess the error's comes
about as trhe print dialog box pops up.

This might behave better with the current cvs tip of winehq.

Huw.

Hello,

I've tried printing with notepad.exe with success but the same errors
still comes out. At least this time it prints unlike with Daceasy where
the apps terminates.

Please help anybody...

thanks,