Windows 98 installation

Joshua James joshua.james at steritech.com
Tue Jun 18 11:25:25 CDT 2002

I tried to install Eudora from my .wine/c/install folder:

command:
wine Eudora_5.1.1.exe

result:
err:module:PE_fixup_imports Module (file) KERNEL32.dll (which is needed
by C:\install\Eudora_5.1.1.exe) not found

command:
wine Eudora_5.1.1.exe -dll KERNEL32

result:
Syntax: -dll name[,name[,...]]={native|so|builtin}[,{n|s|b}[,...]]
    - 'name' is the name of any dll without extension
    - the order of loading (native, so and builtin) can be abbreviated
      with the first letter
    - the option can be specified multiple times
    Example:
    -dll comdlg32,commdlg=n -dll shell,shell32=b

command:
wine Eudora_5.1.1.exe -dll KERNEL32

result:
Syntax: -dll name[,name[,...]]={native|so|builtin}[,{n|s|b}[,...]]
    - 'name' is the name of any dll without extension
    - the order of loading (native, so and builtin) can be abbreviated
      with the first letter
    - the option can be specified multiple times
    Example:
    -dll comdlg32,commdlg=n -dll shell,shell32=b

command:
wine Eudora_5.1.1.exe -dll KERNEL32

I then get no result, it just sits there. I can understand that it is
smart enough not to keep trying the same command but it appears to lock
up. I have to restart the computer before it will do anything.

I had the same results when trying a (simpler?) program, sol.exe. I
thought maybe if I could just install Windows then I could just run the
programs inside it. I've seen other people run Windows on linux.