Absolute Newbie.

Kevin Lawton K-Lawton at versatel.nl
Fri Mar 1 06:27:53 CST 2002

Hello,
I must confess to being an absolute newbie to wine - except for having
followed the content of the mailing lists for a while.
I would quite like to get involved with the project, and would prefer a
testing-oriented or documentation role if there was a need for such.
What I'd like to know at this point, if anyone would tell me, is where
exactly is the wine project up to in terms of having a system which actually
works to a greater or lesser extent ?
I guess it would make sense for me to start with an install of the current /
latest version. I currently run Mandrake Linux 8.0, but also have most
versions of Windoze available (except XP). Do instructions exist for going
from a scratch Linux installation to a working (?) install of wine ? Have
lists of suitable hardware / software been put together ? If so, how do I
get at them ?  If not, I guess it would make sense for me to offer to be
involved in writing them ?
I'd really like to help and be involved, but first I need to get started !
Would anyone be prepared to guide a Wine newbie through their initial steps
up to the point where they might be able to do something of use to the
project ?
My apologies if I have directed this to the wrong list - maybe someone could
help me out with that as well !
Kevin.