IE ?

Philipp Wollermann phil_wo at gmx.net
Fri Mar 8 11:10:53 CST 2002

> No pb. You must have the light installer (the one that
> connects to internet) and select minimal installation.
> IE will download approx 2.5Mb and install.
>
> It could ask for reboot, so act as wininit would do
> (you know what I mean ?).
>
> Use native dlls for
> crypt32,ole*,setupapi,shdocvw,shell,shlwapi,urlmon,wininet
> and wintrust.
> Note that rpcserver is not complete, so you won't be
> able to do a right click on objects.

Hi,

I can't even install IE. It always fails with "Setup was unable to download
the required components ...". When I start ie6setup.exe (downloaded from
microsoft.com) with

"wine --winver winme --dll crypt32,ole2,ole2conv,ole2disp,
ole2nls,ole32,oleacc,oleaut32,olecli, olecli32,olecnv32,oledlg,olepro32,
olesvr,olesvr32,olethk32,setupapi,shdocvw,shell,shlwapi,
urlmon,wininet,wintrust=n,b f:\\ie6setup.exe"

it starts, and when I accept the license there are three windows popping up
and disappear immediately. The it tells me the error message I wrote above.
You can download the wine debug outputs from my homepage. The first file is
wine run without any --debugmsg commands, and the second is with '--debugmsg
-relay:rtlleavecriticalsection:RtlEnterCriticalSection'.

I used the native DLLs you mentioned above from the Windows 98 CD. (not SE)
I made a link from shell.new to shell.dll because there wasn't any shell.dll
on the CD. (I extracted the DLLs from the cabs, not from an installed Windows)

I'm using wine compiled from latest cvs with fake-windows.

Logfiles:
http://wollermann.bei.t-online.de/download/winelog_normal.bz2
http://wollermann.bei.t-online.de/download/winelog_relay.bz2

Philipp