SMLNJ Installation

Jared Davis automake at aiksaurus.com
Wed Mar 13 18:39:56 CST 2002

Hello,

I'm trying to get a piece of windows software named HATS to run under Wine.
HATS is a very advanced program transformation system and it would be really
great to be able to use it under Linux.

I have managed to get the HATS installer to run just fine, but have been
unable to get the windows version of SML (which HATS requires) to install.

If anyone wants to try installing it themselves, the windows installer is
about 5 megs and can be downloaded from:
	http://cm.bell-labs.com/cm/cs/what/smlnj/dist/smlnj.exe

When I try to run the install program, the first dialog window comes up
alright but I do get several warning messages:

fixme:richedit:RICHED32_WindowProc Unknown message 129
fixme:richedit:RICHED32_WindowProc Unknown message 528
fixme:richedit:RICHED32_WindowProc Unknown message 48
fixme:richedit:RICHED32_WindowProc Unknown message 135
fixme:richedit:RICHED32_WindowProc Unknown message 312
fixme:richedit:RICHED32_WindowProc Unknown message 312

I can hit "next" at this point, and the dialog seems to start to display the
next window, but then I get a lot of messages and it crashes:

fixme:richedit:RICHED32_WindowProc Unknown message 130
fixme:ole:CoSetState (0x653b3758),stub!
fixme:ole:CoSetState (0x653b3758),stub!
fixme:ole:CoSetState ((nil)),stub!
fixme:ole:CoSetState (0x653b3758),stub!
wine: Unhandled exception, starting debugger...
Warning: /usr/local/bin/winedbg.exe not accessible from a configured DOS drive
Warning: /usr/local/bin/winedbg not accessible from a configured DOS drive
Warning: /usr/local/bin/winedbg 134919840.exe not accessible from a
configured DOS drive
Warning: /usr/local/bin/winedbg 134919840 not accessible from a configured
DOS drive
Warning: /usr/local/bin/winedbg 134919840 72.exe not accessible from a
configured DOS drive
Warning: /usr/local/bin/winedbg 134919840 72 not accessible from a configured
DOS drive
err:seh:start_debugger Couldn't start debugger ("/usr/local/bin/winedbg
134919840 72") (2)
Read the Wine Developers Guide on how to set up winedbg or another debugger

Is there anything that I could do that would maybe fix the problem?  I have
access to windows machines of all varieties so if I need to get dll files
from them, I can do that.

Thanks,

	Jared

--