More than 4 serial ports with wine.

phrostie pfrostie at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 18 18:01:34 CST 2002

i have not played with the port setups in Wine, but have you tried doing what
the error message says?  "Try --winver nt40 "

i was working for an Instrument company years ago that was inputing and
outputting to windows touch screens.  one of the problems was the number of
ports avaliable.  if we exceeded a certain number then we were required
to switch the box from win9x to NT.  NT can handle more ports, but cost more.

Tell wine that the winver is NT40 and see if it gets farther.

On Monday 18 March 2002 17:15, you wrote:

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of DOS,
http://www.freelists.org/list/cad-linux