[Fwd: Wine]

Jeremy Newman jnewman at codeweavers.com
Fri Mar 22 10:52:08 CST 2002

-----Forwarded Message-----

From: Sanjay Shah <SanjayS at ilx.com>
To: 'appdb at codeweavers.com' <appdb at codeweavers.com>
Subject: Wine
Date: 22 Mar 2002 11:38:34 -0500

	Hello:

	I am Sanjay from ILX systems.  ILX systems is one of the major
market data feed provider in US.
	At this time we are evaluating wine products for running various
Windows products on Unix systems.  Once succeeded, it can 	be very
helpful for our organizational needs.

	The one that we have chosen for evaluation is IE5.5.  We have
installed wine on one of our unix system.
	But when we try to run any commands, it is asking for various dlls
such as user32.dll, gdi32.dll.
	I tried copied them directly from our windows box but didn't help.
Can you please guide me through this.
	Also, please tell me if we need to do anything else from following
steps ->

	1)	Installed wine using wineinstall without windows
	2)	Created a config file
	3)	Downloaded Iexplorer.exe for IE5.5 and trying to run as
"wine iexplorer.exe"

	Thanks

*	Web Administration
*	Production Engineering