running starcraft

joey tsai joeytsai at r58h89.res.gatech.edu
Sat Mar 23 14:52:53 CST 2002

I've just installed the Wine package on my Debian machine, and I'm
trying to run Starcraft.  The relevant error message I get consistently
is:

fixme:dsound:IDirectSoundImpl_SetCooperativeLevel (0x406806ec,00010021,2):stub
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x40680a74 "?" wait timed out, retrying (60 sec) fs=037f

The window (or desktop, I've tried both) for the Starcraft window appears, but
is blank.  I hear the sound "click" to initialize or whatever.

I've tried running with many different combination of options like using
a desktop and enabling dga, all with the same result.  I've also checked
that my permissions are correct, and I'll get the same message running
as root.

Can anybody help me?  I would really appreciate it.  Also, please CC to
me, I'm not subscribed to this list.

    // joey tsai

--
           |  Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything
 joey tsai |  that can be counted counts.