[WINE]First time run errors, winesetup?

Andriy Palamarchuk apa3a at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 23 20:26:50 CST 2002

Chi Hue wrote:
> I compiled the latest release of wine, without any problems, on Red Hat,
> 7.2
> When I run wine, it says I dont have a .wine config file, in my user
> directory.
> I ran winelauncher, and clicked setup, and it says it cant find
> 'winesetup', which it needs to write
> the config file for the first time run. winesetup isnt in the release
> (or any I have seen), if they has been taken out, how do I create a
> config file then in my user directory?

I assume you not only compiled, but actually installed wine, right ;-)
How exactly did you install it, did you run tools/wineinstall?
Did you uninstall any old versions of Wine (Wine is included in Red Hat
7.2 distribution).

Look one more time in the README file of the Wine distribution.
http://www.winehq.com/trouble has also a lot of useful information.

Andriy Palamarchuk