couldn't open file alert box

Lonnie Cumberland lonnie at outstep.com
Wed Mar 27 22:16:41 CST 2002

Hello All,

I have been working with the latest release of Wine after finding out
that the recent CVS version would not run because of some error in

Currently I have implemented the bitblt Maskblt routine and is
working, but still experiencine some little problems with the masking
of the icon images.

While testing an application that I have been working with, I have
found out that my application gives me an alert dialog screen.

could not load "somefile.jpg"

for example and this seems to be the case for other needed files that
are in actually in the current directory. I do not know why this is
the case when the test application runs just fine on my real windows
test machine.

In one test, I actually hard-coded the location of the support images
into my test application and re-compiled. To my amazement, it worked.
It seems that WINE will not look for the needed files in the current
directory when starting up an application.

Any ideas what is going on here?

cheers,
Lonnie

--
 Lonnie Cumberland
 OutStep Technologies Incorporated
      : Lonnie_Cumberland at yahoo.com

 The Basis Express Virtual Office
               &
 Data Backup and Recovery Services

"The Virtual Office without boundaries!!!"