sane?

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Fri Mar 29 15:48:56 CST 2002

On Fri, 29 Mar 2002, Oliver Sampson wrote:

> Well, that's just it.  It must be some new dependency that has changed
> in the last month  I've been regularly updating and compiling from CVS
> for a few months now, and this is the first time I've had this issue.
> I found sane-devel on rpmfind.net, downloaded it, installed it, and
> now my wine is happily compiling away again.  I already had the other
> three sane packages installed, so I'm just somehow surprised this
> bubbled up.  I guess I haven't been reading the list closely enough.
>
> Thanks!
> Oliver Sampson
> olsam at quickaudio.com
> http://www.oliversampson.com

Just as a general rule for rpm-based systems, if you want to develop
code that uses a given package, you need the -devel rpm for that
package.  Building Wine is definitely a program development activity, as
understood by distro packagers.

Yes, ./configure should have caught that and given you a tongue-lashing
about it, but nobody's perfect.

Lawson

	  >< Microsoft free environment
This mail client runs on Wine.  Your mileage may vary.