Want to help Wine project?

phrostie pfrostie at yahoo.com
Wed May 22 21:21:32 CDT 2002

I'm concentrating on short term issues at the moment.
I have both Intellicad 2000 and Intellicad 2001 running with wine.
icad2001 i have running with no copied or downloaded dlls.
this will make the distributing a working installation a little easier from a
legal standpoint.  Intellicad2000 still requires additionall native dlls that
do not come with the downloadable file.

the good news is that Icad2001 does work this way, the bad news is that it is
not as stable as with the native dlls.  i've posted a new copy of the how-to
to my site at http://pfrostie.freeservers.com/cad-tastrafy/wine.page1.html
the mirror still has the older version taylored for icad2000 at
http://www.dragon-designs.net/~cad-tastrafy/wine.page1.html

just so that there is not any confusion, the site is dedicated to cad and
graphic tools, there is a Wine section but not all the application need wine
to run on linux.

as always i'm not only open to feed back but i need it to help make the
how-to more complete.  there will always be configurations that have special
requirements.

one question i would like feed back on, should i keep the information on the
older 2000 version in the how-to or does this make it to confusing?

longer term goal would be a winelib port.  for those not familliar with the
ITC (Intellicad Technical Consortium) it has many members and it is posible
to registar as a non-commercail member and have access to the source code.
although the licence is not GPL, X11, or BSD in nature it is a open source
project.  this is one reason i like it.

--
Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of DOS,
http://www.freelists.org/list/cad-linux