Buiding my first Wine PC

Ruben Fanucchi Ruben.Fanucchi at gmx.net
Thu May 23 01:32:45 CDT 2002

Hi folks,

I'm sure this question is totally stupid, but as I have no experience with
Wine and I am trying switch to Linux and abandon Microsoft forever, will help
to make it no that silly.

I would like to install Wine and my Redhat PC with 128 Meg of Ram and 2.5
GIG HD Celeron 800 Mz  right now and want to learn how to do it using someone
notes or maybe someone could “foster me” during the installation snd help me
to trouble shoot the setup. I hope someone will help me.

I would like to install MSWLOGO in the PC for my children.

As I'm totally new to this stuff, I'm not sure which files I have to
download. Do I have to dl the complete source distribution and the Binary for
Linux-gnu or just one if it ? How do I install it correctly ? Is there a makefile
needed to be configured or anything like this?.

I have read the Wine documentation which looks OK but at the time of
installing the compiler I can’t make install. Then I’ve tried the Codewavers Wine
setup, that was easy but when I try ti setup MSWLOGO the computer freezes on
the blue setup screen.

Thanks in advance,

Ruben

http://www.gmx.net