Printing under Wine - Mission Impossible? (solved)

Dan Fer ezra_daniel at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 8 08:39:10 CST 2002

Here are the full details:

My distro -> Debian 3.0 (woody)
Wine ver -- wine-20023110.tar.gz (more or less that name).
Cups installed and dev cups debian package installed too...
Xlib-dev deb package installed

Downloaded the mentioned tar.gz
did a ./configure to make sure I wasnt lucking anything (it's good to see
the output of that to see what you have and what you may have been missing,
cups, GLX, , etc..)
compiled, added /usr/local/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf, did ldconfig
Tried wine... open the print dialog with Lotus Notes, tried to select a
printer ,the cups printer appeared!!!, and then did a print test, a very
hard one, 10megabytes, cups couldnt sent it all up, did a smaller test, a
common mail or document entry in a database and print went perfect...

So that's it! it worked!! :)

-daniel
http://www.debian-gnu.com