nothing seems to work

vodka at intoxicate.us vodka at intoxicate.us
Mon Nov 18 15:00:34 CST 2002

Hi folks,

I installed the latest wine tarball.  For some reason no applications
work.  I'm using on a Redhat 8.0/Windows XP dual boot system.  Starting
very simple applicatiosn doesnt work:

Media Player:

[root at mango Windows Media Player]# wine wmplayer.exe
fixme:reg:_nt_dump_lf unknown Win XP node id 0x686c: do we need to add
support for it ?
fixme:reg:_nt_dump_lf unknown Win XP node id 0x686c: do we need to add
support for it ?
fixme:reg:_nt_dump_lf unknown Win XP node id 0x686c: do we need to add
support for it ?
[root at mango Windows Media Player]#

Movie Maker:

[root at mango Movie Maker]# wine moviemk.exe
fixme:reg:_nt_dump_lf unknown Win XP node id 0x686c: do we need to add
support for it ?
fixme:reg:_nt_dump_lf unknown Win XP node id 0x686c: do we need to add
support for it ?
fixme:reg:_nt_dump_lf unknown Win XP node id 0x686c: do we need to add
support for it ?
err:win32:PE_fixup_imports No implementation for
KERNEL32.dll.556(MoveFileWithProgressW) imported from C:\Program
Files\Movie Maker\moviemk.exe, setting to 0xdeadbeef
err:win32:PE_fixup_imports No implementation for
IMM32.dll.2(ImmAssociateContextEx) imported from C:\Program Files\Movie
Maker\moviemk.exe, setting to 0xdeadbeef
fixme:msvcrt:_XcptFilter (-1073741819,0x406208f4)semi-stub
wine: Unhandled exception, starting debugger...
[root at mango Movie Maker]#

Winhelp:
[root at mango WINDOWS]# wine winhelp.exe
fixme:reg:_nt_dump_lf unknown Win XP node id 0x686c: do we need to add
support for it ?
fixme:reg:_nt_dump_lf unknown Win XP node id 0x686c: do we need to add
support for it ?
fixme:reg:_nt_dump_lf unknown Win XP node id 0x686c: do we need to add
support for it ?
err:shell:SHGetSpecialFolderPathA Failed to create directory
'C:\WINDOWS\Desktop'.
err:shell:SHGetSpecialFolderPathA Failed to create directory
'C:\WINDOWS\Desktop'.
err:shell:SHGetSpecialFolderPathA Failed to create directory
'C:\WINDOWS\Desktop'.
err:shell:SHGetSpecialFolderPathA Failed to create directory
'C:\WINDOWS\Desktop'.
wine: Unhandled exception, starting debugger...

That same message about 'unknown Win XP node id' seems to pop up.  Does
anyone know what that means, or how I could fix this?  I remember media
player working a year ago, so I'm confused why it doesn't work now.

Thanks for any help.