nothing seems to work

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Tue Nov 19 17:51:33 CST 2002

vodka at intoxicate.us wrote:

> >[AppDefaults\\iexplore.exe\\DllOverrides]
> >"comctl32" = "native" # for favorites
> >"commctrl" = "native"
> >"crypt32" = "native" # call to uninmplemented
> >"msvcrt20" = "native"
> >"msvcrt" = "native"
> >"oleaut32" = "native"# |
> >"ole32" = "native"   # |not necessary in order to run
> >"olepro32" = "native"# |
> >"rpcrt4" = "native"  # |
> >"shdocvw" = "native" # .101 PathRemoveBackslashW calls to undocumented
> >                      # in shlwapi and force IE to abort.
> ># "shell" = "native"   # }
> ># "shell32" = "native" # }
> >"shlwapi" = "native" # }} unimplemented funcs
> >"urlmon" = "native"  # }
> >"wininet" = "native" # }
>

> Duane,
>
> I added those and now I'm getting:
>
> [root at mango Internet Explorer]# wine IEXPLORE.EXE
> fixme:reg:_nt_dump_lf unknown Win XP node id 0x686c: do we need to add
> support for it ?
> fixme:reg:_nt_dump_lf unknown Win XP node id 0x686c: do we need to add
> support for it ?
> fixme:reg:_nt_dump_lf unknown Win XP node id 0x686c: do we need to add
> support for it ?

I think this is likely a problem of incompatibility with WinXP DLLs.
Wine tends to be most compatible with Win98 DLLs (which are what I have)
and to a lesser extent WinNT and Win2000. It will probably be awhile
before Wine catches up with WinXP.

So I guess this basically means that you might need to use a fake
Windows directory, and get some DLLs from an old Win98 CD lying around
somewhere.