[Windows Media Player]

Gregory D Hough mr6re9 at execulink.com
Fri Nov 22 13:40:48 CST 2002

Greetings winers,

I have resorted to wine for one reason, I found an ASF stream avifile will
not play. I still believe it is a problem with the streams format but since
it does work on Windows Media Player on a Windows box, I thought to give it a
try. I installed wine as fake_windows and downloaded mpfull.exe from M$. It
installed fine. I set the debugger and ran different incantations of the
basic wine mplayer2.exe.

Going with information I gathered from this lists archives and the news
group, I changed quartz.dll to "native, builtin" but now I see errors for
libntdll.so.

I am very new to wine. I had successfully run MYST on a machine a year ago
using codeweavers wine in a duell boot environment. This box has no Windows
partition and it never will. Is there anyone or anyplace with a specific
HOW-TO for getting Windows Media Player to run under wine fake_windows?

farmer6re9