New to Wine (halflife upgrade fales)

Chris Berry compjma at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 26 12:15:19 CST 2002

>From: mike <rawfam at lvcm.com>
>This is a total newbe mistake I'm sure but I'm stumped. I have installed:
>wine-20020605-2.i386.rpm wine-devel-20020605-2.i386.rpm
>in redhat 8.0

You'd be better off with a newer version, this one is getting kind of dated.

>These are the errors:
>err:mmsys:MMDRV_InitHardcoded You didn't setup properly the config file for
>the >Wine multimedia modules.
>Will use the hard-coded setup, but this will disappear soon.
>Please add a WinMM section to your Wine config file.

Here is your main problem, you need to edit your .wine/config file to add a
WinMM section that should look like this:

[WinMM]
"Drivers" = "wineoss.drv"
"WaveMapper" = "msacm.drv"
"MidiMapper" = "midimap.drv"

Chris Berry
compjma at hotmail.com
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"And here in our server room you can see our Beowolf Cluster of C64's that
keeps our enterprise on the very cutting edge of technology."