Sparc wine

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Thu Nov 28 13:15:48 CST 2002

diego wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I would like to ask a question:
> is it possible to compile and run wine
> on a sparc machine with a linux OS or solaris ?

People have worked on and off to make this work. Take a look at the
posts by Gregg Mattinson:
http://www.winehq.com/hypermail/wine-devel/2002/07/author.html

That was awhile ago, and I think you will have to put some effort into
getting it to compile.

The bigger issue is what are you hoping to accomplish? Having Wine
compile will not allow you to run Windows binary apps on a Sparc. Wine
does not emulate the processor, but only implements the Windows API. The
programs run natively, so require a real X86 processor.