How Do I Setup the Config File?

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Thu Nov 28 22:17:53 CST 2002

Let's keep this on the newsgroup.

Shaunie wrote:
> Duane Clark wrote:
>

>>> You did not mention which site you got the rpm from...
>

> Oops, sorry. I got it from Data Party at the WineHQ web site and the
> version I downloaded was wine-cvs-unstripped-112902-1.i386.rpm w/ glibc
> version 2.2.4.

There is an "Installation Guide" at the same site that describes how to
create..er copy the config file.

But looking at what they provide, I should ask whether you are using a
real or fake Windows installation. It looks like that particular rpm is
set up for a real Windows install. It appears to be missing the default
registry entries that you will need if creating a configuration for a
new fake Windows install.

The winesetuptk already mentioned does install some registry entries,
and probably enough to be useful. It also sets up the fake Windows
installation. It looks like it can be used with the Data Party Wine rpm
just fine.