HALF-LIFE RUNS SLOW & Noe network connection

sniff sn1ff12345 at netscape.com
Fri Nov 29 14:25:38 CST 2002

OK all,
  Thanks for all the help so fare. My wine config = 100% according to
winecheck. HL still runs S L O W (unplayable 2FPS slow) and I still
can't see the internet (IN HALF-LIFE) Linux sees the internet/network
fine. These are the errors I get in my term window when HALF-LIFE is
running:

fixme:class:get_class_ptr reading from class of other process window 0x10047
fixme:class:get_class_ptr reading from class of other process window 0x1002c
fixme:class:get_class_ptr reading from class of other process window 0x1002b
fixme:class:get_class_ptr reading from class of other process window 0x10049
err:wininet:FTP_Connect Unable to connect (Connection timed out)
fixme:dialog:MSGBOX_OnInit task modal msgbox ! Not modal yet.
err:ole:CoUninitialize CoUninitialize() - not CoInitialized.
fixme:reg:RegFlushKey (0x68): stub
fixme:ddraw:Main_DirectDraw_SetCooperativeLevel
0x44480028)->(00000000,00000008)
fixme:ddraw:Main_DirectDraw_SetCooperativeLevel
(0x44480028)->(00000000,00000008)
fixme:ddraw:Main_DirectDraw_SetCooperativeLevel
(0x44480028)->(00000000,00000013)
fixme:ddraw:Main_DirectDraw_SetCooperativeLevel
(0x44480028)->(00000000,00000008)
fixme:ddraw:Main_DirectDraw_SetCooperativeLevel
(0x44480028)->(000a0058,00000013)
fixme:dc:LockWindowUpdate (0xa0058), partial stub!
fixme:dc:LockWindowUpdate ((nil)), partial stub!
fixme:system:ChangeDisplaySettingsA (0x40730d00,0x00000004), stub
         flags=FULLSCREEN,
fixme:dsound:IDirectSoundImpl_SetCooperativeLevel
(0x4215ba28,000c0024,3):stub
fixme:system:ChangeDisplaySettingsA    bpp=16
fixme:system:ChangeDisplaySettingsA    width=640
fixme:system:ChangeDisplaySettingsA    height=480
fixme:system:ChangeDisplaySettingsA  (Putting X in this mode beforehand
might
fixme:dsound:IDirectSoundImpl_SetCooperativeLevel
(0x4215ba28,000c0024,1):stubfixme:system:ChangeDisplaySettingsA
((nil),0x00000000), stub
         flags=
fixme:system:ChangeDisplaySettingsA    devmode=NULL (return to default mode)
fixme:winmm:MMDRV_Exit Closing while ll-driver open

  If someone can give me an Idea how to fix one or two of these I think
I can figure out the rest..

  Thanks again for all the hlp so far.

Mike