Wine Debuger questions; Error installing MS Embedded Visual Tools 3.0

Erland Lewin erl at voxi.com
Tue Oct 1 11:00:44 CDT 2002

  Hello,

I am running the latest cvs version of wine. In general, it works well.
  I just tried installing Microsoft eMbedded Visual Tools 3.0, which is
available for download from:

http://www.microsoft.com/mobile/downloads/emvt30.asp

The tools have been copied to 2 CDs, and I'm trying to install the first
CD. I run:

wine /mnt/cdrom/setup.exe

I get the first dialog, with a button I can press if I want to read the
Readme file. Insted, I push the "next>" button.
  At this point I get the Wine Debugger with a crash. A bunch of
information scrolls by, but there is no scroll bar in the Wine Debugger
window, so I don't know how I can see if there are any interesting
messages in there.
  The last portions of the text in the Wine Debugger window say:

[...]
Unhandled exception: page fault on read access to 0x00000000 in 32-bit
code (0x004129b9).
In 32-bit mode
Symbol h_errno is invalid
Symbol hack_digit is invalid
0x004129b9 (setup.exe..text+0x119b9 in D:\setup.exe): cmpb $0x0,0x0(%esi)

I can't swich focus to type anything in the Wine Debugger window
(although the cursor flashes). At one point I was successful in typing
'bt' in the Wine Debugger, but that didn't show any information.

So I guess I have two questions
- first if someone would like to help me track down the error (or at
least what component it is in) so that I can make a good bug report,
- second if someone can help me work with the wine debugger, so that I
can type into it, and if I can get a scroll bar or somehow see the text
which scrolls past.

Thanks,

  Erland