Question about running DVD Profiler

Tom Williams tomdkat at attbi.com
Sat Sep 7 11:58:02 CDT 2002

Hi!  I'm compiling wine-20020904 at the time of this writing and I had a
question about a problem I'm having running the DVD Profiler
application:

http://www.dvdprofiler.com

I've currently got wine-20020804 installed and I'm able to install
DVD Profiler just fine.  (I have my old Windows 98 install on a second
hard disk that the wine installation DID detect and configure itself to
support).  When I try to run DVD Profiler, like this:

wine C:/Program\ Files/Intervocative\ Software/DVD\ Profiler/dvdpro.exe

It tries to start and then dies with these errors:

fixme:reg:RegNotifyChangeKeyValue (4c,1,5,50,1): stub
fixme:file:DEVICE_Open Unknown/unsupported VxD SHRINK34.LDR. Try setting
Windows version to 'nt40' or 'win31'.
fixme:file:DEVICE_Open Unknown/unsupported VxD C:\WINDOWS\0002f7b.tmp.
Try setting Windows version to 'nt40' or 'win31'.
fixme:dialog:MSGBOX_OnInit task modal msgbox ! Not modal yet.

Now, my question is this:  since I have a WIndows 98 installation that
wine detected, should I change my Windows version in .wine/config to
'nt40' or 'win31', per the messages above?   I DID try setting the
config to 'nt40' and that didn't help.  I'll see what wine-20020904
does.

Is it "safe" to specify OTHER Windows versions that don't match the
version Wine detects during its installation?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Peace...

Tom