An app stopped working after upgrading wine

Andriy Palamarchuk apa3a at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 11 07:59:59 CDT 2002

Pavel,

--- Pavel Troller <patrol at sinus.cz> wrote:
> Hi!
>   I have a problem with current wine (from CVS). An
> application, Dynatext DOC
> browser from EBT, stopped working. It just opens a
> dialog box saying that the
> DYNATEXT.INI file was not found and that it has to
> be either in the windows
> directory or in the Dynatext directory. I verified
> it and it really is in the
> Dynatext directory, as it used to always be, it's
> readable and its contents is
> OK.
>   I used this app very often and it never
> encountered such problems.
>   On the other side, it's for the first time I can
> run Word 97 and Excel 97!
> Congratulations, guys! A nice piece of work!
>   What should I verify to revive my Dynatext ?

This is an ideal case for regression testing, you have
pretty narrow timeframe.

Can you do this:
http://www.winehq.org/docs/wine-devel/cvs-regression.shtml
Finding the patch which broke your application will
make 95% of work of fixing the issue.

Andriy
Boston, MA

As an employee of an oil company, let me assure you
that nothing, and I mean NOTHING scares a big company
more than a noisy, smelly, obnoxious, disaffected
pressure group.
Now go away and chain yourself to someone important's
front door.

TheRegister. Unknown