IE5.5 (was:(no subject))

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Wed Sep 11 12:55:11 CDT 2002

Franky Van Liedekerke wrote:
> Hi Sylvain,
>
> you seem to have been able to install IE 6.0. I tried it several times, ad
> after installing cabextract, setup now fails with this wine message:
>
> SetupInstallFromInfSectionW unsupported flags 106
>
> Could you tell me/us how you were able to install it if no windows is
> present?

I just tried it, and oddly enough the IE6 installer worked for me today
with the current CVS and no windows. Back in early July I was unable to
get it to work. The only native DLLs I needed for the installer were
wininet and crypt32.

It did take a very long time to download; 15 minutes or so. And it did
crash at the end of the download (this is where it complained about
crypt32). However, the download had apparently completed for the main
browser components. I reran the installer (after deleting
C:\windows\wininit.ini), and it immediately downloaded a couple of
remaining components, which only took a few seconds.

And using Sylvain's dll selections, IE6 came up and ran just fine. Well,
images don't seem to load, and some of the dialogs don't seem to work
right. But I will have to play around a bit and see how things go. I am
just happy that it installed.