IE5.5 (was:(no subject))

Franky Van Liedekerke liedekef at pandora.be
Wed Sep 11 14:15:14 CDT 2002

On Wed, 11 Sep 2002 10:55:11 -0700
Duane Clark <dclark at akamail.com> wrote:

> Franky Van Liedekerke wrote:
> > Hi Sylvain,
> >
> > you seem to have been able to install IE 6.0. I tried it several
> > times, ad after installing cabextract, setup now fails with this wine
> > message:
> >
> > SetupInstallFromInfSectionW unsupported flags 106
> >
> > Could you tell me/us how you were able to install it if no windows is
> > present?
>
> I just tried it, and oddly enough the IE6 installer worked for me today
> with the current CVS and no windows. Back in early July I was unable to
> get it to work. The only native DLLs I needed for the installer were
> wininet and crypt32.
>
> It did take a very long time to download; 15 minutes or so. And it did
> crash at the end of the download (this is where it complained about
> crypt32). However, the download had apparently completed for the main
> browser components. I reran the installer (after deleting
> C:\windows\wininit.ini), and it immediately downloaded a couple of
> remaining components, which only took a few seconds.

strange ... I just installed the latest wine-cvs-unstripped rpm from
http://wine.dataparty.no/, and I don't even see a packet trying to go
through my ethernet interface ... These rpm's are ok, no?
Where do I get wininet.dll and why would I need it?
Does the installer work if you need to use a proxyserver as well?

Sorry for all these questions, but this install begins to bug me like hell

Franky