Known problem?

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Thu Sep 12 15:33:17 CDT 2002

Fredrik Tolf wrote:
> It isn't just iexplore and other MS apps. Virtually all except those I
> first mentioned crash like this, especially those who play sounds. It is
> not at startup they crash, though, but only when they first try to
> actually play a sound.

I have a couple of apps that play sounds, including the use of
DirectSound, and they work fine for me. And lots of apps without sound
work fine for me to.

So I guess that in answer to the subject of "Known problem?", I would
have to respond that I have been using Wine for about two and a half
years and I don't have that problem. I am not sure how to address any
more than that vague question, since you did not really ask a more
specific one, or mention any other specific apps.

For a general idea of what apps work and what don't for other people,
there is always
http://franksworld.net/wine/
and
http://appdb.codeweavers.com/