ie5setup.exe files missing ...

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Sat Sep 14 12:41:16 CDT 2002

Please send emails to the list, not to me. I do not archive your
emails, so I can't go back to see what you have previously written. And
if they are not sent to the list, no one else can jump in and provide
help. There are definitely a lot of people around that know much more
about this than me.

David Woodyard wrote:
 > After doing some more looking it appears that commctrl.dll was not
 > created by ./tools/wineinstall. Additionally, I had to find a copy of
 > cabextract as well.
 >
 > Using your added options I got the following error:
 >
 > err:thunk:_loadthunk (commctrl.dll, Cctl1632_ThunkData16,
 > comctl32.dll): Unable to load 'commctrl.dll', error 2
 > trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadLibraryExA Loaded module
 > 'C:\windows\msdownld.tmp\AS0060A1.tmp\advpack.dll' : native
 > trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadLibraryExA Loaded module
 > 'C:\windows\msdownld.tmp\AS0060A1.tmp\ie4.dll' : native
 > err:thunk:_loadthunk (commctrl.dll, Cctl1632_ThunkData16,
 > comctl32.dll): Unable to load 'commctrl.dll', error 2
 > trace:loaddll:MODULE_FlushModrefs Unloaded module
 > 'C:\windows\msdownld.tmp\AS0060A1.tmp\advpack.dll' : native
 > trace:loaddll:MODULE_FlushModrefs Unloaded module
 > 'C:\windows\msdownld.tmp\AS0060A1.tmp\ie4.dll' : native
 > err:win:WIN_FindWndPtr window 10021 belongs to other process
 > err:win:WIN_FindWndPtr window 10021 belongs to other process
 > err:win:WIN_FindWndPtr window 10021 belongs to other process

Sorry, don't know.

 > I linked /usr/local/lib/wine/comctl32.dll.so to
 > c:\windows\system\commctrl.dll and got the following using the
 > command line options you specified below.

Not really a good idea. Wine should know how to find comctl32.dll, and I
believe the "error 11" simply indicates that Wine discovered it was
trying to load the same DLL twice (under two different names,
presumably). I don't know what error 2 is.

It very well may be that the installer won't work; some don't. I did not
install IE from a CDROM, I installed (IE6) via the internet. I know very
little about the loading of DLLs, and the additional messages did not
provide anything useful to me, at least. A couple of things to verify.
Make sure that no old wine processes are running (ps -ef|grep wine). And
make sure that you have an environment variable set,
WINEDLLPATH=/usr/local/lib/wine.