iexplore ver 5.5 install can't load commctrl.dll

David Woodyard dwoody1 at airmail.net
Sat Sep 14 15:04:08 CDT 2002

I have installed wine version 20020904 on:
	Linux kernel 2.2.14
	glibc 2.1.2
	gcc 2.95.3
	kde-3.0.2
	WINEDLLPATH=/usr/local/lib/wine (set after wine was installed)

I commented out the code in cdrom.c that will not compile because of the old kernel (ie. references to SCSI_PASS). Wine will then compile and install and run.

I then installed all of the fonts from sourceforge. Then I tried to install Internet explorer 5.5 from cdrom using the command
wine --debugmsg +loaddll -- ie5setup 2>&1 | tee > /tmp/ie5setup.log

Several errors occurred. ie.

several of this type
err:setupapi:SetupDefaultQueueCallbackA delete error 2 "C:\\WINDOWS\\SYSTEM\\autokill.inf"
and two of the following
err:thunk:_loadthunk (commctrl.dll, Cctl1632_ThunkData16, comctl32.dll): Unable to load 'commctrl.dll', error 2

Attached is the complete log.

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

David