Installing Netscape 4.x

Robert Claeson robert at acme.tm
Sun Sep 22 05:38:53 CDT 2002

Has anybody had any luck installing Netscape 4.7x under Wine? The
installation stops with a message saying (not verbatim) "TEMP disk full"
or something like that. There's around 1 GB of disk space available.

The reason I need to run this ancient browser under Wine is that I need
to get the iD2 Personal client (actually a browser security plug-in)
running. It works with Netscape 4.x and IE 5.x and 6.0. Although I have
IE running, I've had no luck getting iD2 to work with it under Wine.

/Robert