Query

Greg Bledsoe gbledsoe at knology.net
Fri Sep 27 20:23:12 CDT 2002

See responses inline.

On Thu, 2002-09-26 at 21:45, Sylvain Petreolle wrote:
> Post the error messages on the list.
That's just it.  There is no error message.  It *just hangs.*  Word and
Powerpoint, BTW, work.

I got a copy of codeweavers office thinking it might work better.
Nope.  Does the same thing at the same point.

More specifically, after the excel splash screen, the initial excel
screen is drawn behind it with no document open.  At this point the
excel window loses focus and no longer responds.  There is no error, no
information as to what might be happening.  I will send whatever
debugging info is required, but I'm not getting any from wine at this
point, at least none that I know how to access.

> > I'm running the 20020904 version, and have mutilated my wine config
> > nearly beyond repair in an attempt to get excel to run.  I've tried
> This is not necessary.
> You can easily override the global configuration for a particular
> application. See documentation/samples/config.

True.  I tried it both ways in case the application specific overrides
somehow weren't working.  Now I wish I'd backed up the config file
before I started.  D'oh!  Stupid Mistakes not to Make 101.

> > I've run it with -debugmsgs +modules and don't get any error
> > messages,
> > it just hangs irrevocably.
> Give more info. "this hangs" isn't sufficient.

It is, nonetheless, all I got.  If you can inform me how to get more
info to send, I will do so, as I *really really really* need to get
excel working.

Thank you so much for your time

Greg Bledsoe