installing iexplorer without windows

blackpowder at gmx.de blackpowder at gmx.de
Sat Sep 28 14:48:03 CDT 2002

Hi there,

I'm quite new to wine and I've little experience installing
windows applications under linux.

I've installed the latest release of wine (20020904) from source,
configured it and further pre-installed the requirements for
the internet explorer (dcom98.exe, NEWFNT32.EXE, corfnt.32)
The I downloaded the complete Internet Explorer 5.5 setup from
the net as suggested in the WineHQ HowTos (NOT the net installer!).
I have no windows installation, so I need to install it native under
linux.

After starting the installation I receive the error message:
"Setup was unable to install all the components. Please close all
applications and try running Setup again."

In the command line, wine outputs the following:
fixme:win32:PE_CreateModule Security directory ignored
fixme:process:CreateProcessA (E:\IXP000.TMP\ie5wzd.exe,...):
NORMAL_PRIORITY_CLASS ignored
fixme:cursor:CURSORICON_SimulateLoadingFromResourceW Animated icons not
correctly implemented! 0x40fa0000
fixme:cursor:CURSORICON_SimulateLoadingFromResourceW icon entry found!
0x40fa0000
fixme:cursor:CURSORICON_SimulateLoadingFromResourceW icon size ok.
offset=0x40fa0074
fixme:setupapi:SETUPX_CreateStandardLDDs LDID_SRCPATH: what exactly do we
have to do here ?
fixme:dosfs:QueryDosDeviceA (A:) not detected as DOS device!
fixme:dosfs:QueryDosDeviceA (B:) not detected as DOS device!
fixme:setupapi:GenInstall16 unsupported flags 41
fixme:setupapi:vcpUICallbackProc16 (0x8d00, 0705, 0000, 00000000,
412b2f74) - semi-stub
fixme:setupapi:vcpUICallbackProc16 (0x8d00, 070f, 0000, 00000000,
412b2f74) - semi-stub
fixme:setupapi:vcpUICallbackProc16 (0x8d00, 0710, 0000, 00000000,
412b2f74) - semi-stub
fixme:setupapi:vcpUICallbackProc16 (0x8d00, 070b, 0000, 00000000,
412b2f74) - semi-stub
fixme:setupapi:vcpUICallbackProc16 (0x8d00, 070c, 0000, 00000000,
412b2f74) - semi-stub
fixme:setupapi:GenInstall16 unsupported flags 3e
fixme:urlmon:URLMON_DllRegisterServer (void): stub
fixme:setupapi:GenInstall16 unsupported flags 41
fixme:setupapi:GenInstall16 unsupported flags 3e
fixme:setupapi:GenInstall16 unsupported flags 41
fixme:setupapi:GenInstall16 unsupported flags 3e
fixme:reg:RegFlushKey (5c): stub
fixme:setupapi:GenInstall16 unsupported flags 41
fixme:setupapi:GenInstall16 unsupported flags 3e
fixme:setupapi:GenInstall16 unsupported flags 41
fixme:setupapi:GenInstall16 unsupported flags 3e
fixme:cursor:CURSORICON_SimulateLoadingFromResourceW Animated icons not
correctly implemented! 0x411b0000
fixme:cursor:CURSORICON_SimulateLoadingFromResourceW icon entry found!
0x411b0000
fixme:cursor:CURSORICON_SimulateLoadingFromResourceW icon size ok.
offset=0x411b0074
fixme:reg:RegFlushKey (80): stub
fixme:reg:RegFlushKey (90): stub
fixme:reg:RegFlushKey (90): stub
fixme:setupapi:GenInstall16 unsupported flags 41
fixme:setupapi:GenInstall16 unsupported flags 3e
fixme:urlmon:Extract  STUB: 4041f930
C:\WINDOWS\msdownld.tmp\AS00334D.tmp\GSETUP95.CAB
iextract.exe: No such file or directory
extract.exe: No such file or directory
gensetup.inf: No such file or directory
setupapi.inf: No such file or directory
setupapi.dll: No such file or directory
unie5bak.inf: No such file or directory
cabinet.dll: No such file or directory
regsvr32.exe: No such file or directory
w95inf16.dll: No such file or directory
w95inf32.dll: No such file or directory
cfgmgr32.dll: No such file or directory
fixme:setupapi:suErrorToIds16 64 1: stub "

I've been unable to find any hints on google or
in web-groups concerning the error above.
Maybe someone out there could help me.

Thanks in advance,
Bye Sandra

--
Werden Sie mit uns zum "OnlineStar 2002"! Jetzt GMX wählen -
und tolle Preise absahnen! http://www.onlinestar.de