MS-Project and latest Wine on FreeBSD-stable

Felix Kronlage fkr at grummel.net
Thu Apr 3 06:42:01 CST 2003

Hi,

I'm trying to get MS-Project up and running with Wine (latest release) on a
FreeBSD-stable (trachking RELENG_4) box.

Trying to start the installer has the following result:

| [12:42:10] fkr at veere ~/.wine/c $ wine /mnt/cdrom/setup.exe
| fixme:cdrom:CDROM_GetIdeInterface not implemented for BSD
| fixme:reg:GetSystemInfo not yet supported on this system
|err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x2813da4c "loader.c: loader_section" wait timed out, retrying (60 sec) tid=000a

same happens if I copy the stuff of the cd onto the hard-disk
and start setup.exe then.

My next attempt was by installing on a Win 98 box and just
simply copying the files. I did run Wine with debugging output and
copied all needed Dll's from Windows over to the appropiate directory
for wine (adjusted wine.conf to load those native Dll's corretly).
If I start MS-Project then, it tells me that it needs to be installed.
(which is understandable since the Registry-Entries are missing and MS-Project
probably needs the cd-key and such from the Registry)

I followed the instructions from regapi and created a regapi'able diff
of the registry (from Win 98) from before and after the installation
of MS-Project. Trying to read those in with regapi, results in
regapi barfing upon the first '[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE]'. What happens is
that regapi triggers an exception and Wine-dbg comes up:

| Unhandled exception: page fault on read access to 0x00000000 in 32-bit code (0x28423199).
| In 32-bit mode.
| file_set_error: Bad address
| 0x28423199 (getRegClass+0x3d [regapi.c:302] in regapi.exe.so): movb     $0x0,0x0(%eax)
| 303       classNameBeg  = &lpClassCopy[1];            /* Skip the '[' */
| Wine-dbg>WineDbg terminated on pid 8Unhandled exception: page fault on read access to 0x00000000 in 32-bit code (0x28423199).

Assuming that regapi usually works correct, the flaw must be somewhere
on this side.

Does anybody have an idea?

regards,
felix
--
gpg-fingerprint: 076E 1E87 3E05 1C7F B1A0  8A48 0D31 9BD3 D9AC 74D0
|Felix Kronlage                | whois -h whois.ripe.net FKR-RIPE |