Wine and RedHat 9

Georg Meyer Gorgeus090581 at netscape.net
Wed Apr 9 14:03:27 CDT 2003

phil_wo at gmx.net wrote:

>Hello!
>

>>./configure                (and a 2nd time I did :  --with-ntpd)
>>

>Did you really use --with-ntpd or was this a typo in your mail? It should
>be --with-nptl ...
>

>>make depend
>>make
>>
>>order and it seemed to work. (Wine build complete)  Now however, I can't
>>just start winesetup or wine like I was used to. Do I have to start it
>>from some other directory. Where did it compile ?
>>

>You should either call "make install" to finally copy the compiled binaries
>and libs to the appropriate directories in your filesystem or just use the
>installer script wineinstall:
>
>cd ~/wine (if you've unpacked the wine-source somewhere else you have to
>change this command)
>./tools/wineinstall (this calls the installer-script, which asks some
>questions and then automatically compiles, installs and configures wine. You
>may still have to adjust your ~/.wine/config file, to enter some personal
>preferences ...)
>
>Note: I don't know if wineinstall uses --with-nptl at the moment - but as
>you've configured manually before, it should detect this and just skip the
>configure step. Or just edit the file and change the configure-args (it's in
>the first few lines under the version history at the beginning of the file).
>
>Good luck,
>Philipp Wollermann

Thanks for you reply. I now can execute wine again. I got an error
message first, but after using this tip, I found at another forum :

export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5

wine runs. However, now I get :

fixme:win32:PE_CreateModule Unknown directory 15 ignored
err:module:get_registry_value Invalid load order module-type L"so", ignored
Xlib: No protocol specified

x11drv: Can't open display: :0.0

when I try to start a program. I also can't call winesetup.

I'm one step further, please help one more time !

George