Registry problems with RedHat 9

whitnl73 at juno.com whitnl73 at juno.com
Thu Apr 10 21:13:13 CDT 2003

On Fri, 11 Apr 2003 darren.hennessy at advitech.com.au wrote:

> Hi,
> I am attempting to install wine 20030408 on a fresh install of RedHat 9.
> All goes well until the step where the default registry entries are meant
> to be installed. At this point I get the following error message:
>
> wine: chdir to /tmp/.wine-darrenh/server-302-69ba2: no such file or
> directory
> Registry install failed
>
> I am installing using the wineinstall utility in the tools directory and
> this is a wine-only installation. The directory in question definitely
> does not exist. The wine check utility also gives the install a clean bill
> of health (except for the registry of course).
>
> I am new to wine, am I missing something obvious here?

I guess you are new to linux too.  It looks as if you have no /tmp
directory, or else permissions are wrong for it.

maybe you skipped installing the filesystem- rpm?

have root try

umask 0 && mkdir /tmp
chmod o+t /tmp

and try

regedit winedefault.reg

again.  Note regedit will only work with a winedefault.reg that is
accessible by a configured wine drive, so you may have to copy it from
the wine source to some other place where regedit can get at it.

Lawson
--
---oops---