wine-win2000-office-redhhat

whitnl73 at juno.com whitnl73 at juno.com
Sun Apr 13 20:06:47 CDT 2003

On Sun, 13 Apr 2003, awongxi wrote:

> I postep a msg before, I follewed some of the advices, I upgraded to
> Wine 20030408 and well for what has to do with winword the same, it
> opens a window saying that msi is needed (microsoft installer), so ideas
> about how to solve this.... please.. and well I installled the new wine
> from a rpm, I tryed to run sol.exe and runs ok, then I tryed to run
> photoshop.... and again noo way, for photo shop it is giving me:
> ERROR: You need to merge the 'winedefault.reg' file into your
>        Wine registry by running: `regedit winedefault.reg'
>
> fixme:ole:_LocalServerThread CoMarshalInterface failed, 80070057!
> fixme:ole:CoCreateInstance no classfactory created for CLSID
> {00021401-0000-0000-c000-000000000046}, hres is 0x80040154
> wine: Unhandled exception, starting debugger...
>
> ERROR: You need to merge the 'winedefault.reg' file into your
>        Wine registry by running: `regedit winedefault.reg'
>
> I type regedit winedefault.reg but it says :regedit: Can't open file
> "windefault.reg"
> so... what can I do.. please some one who please tell me what to do
> exactly... in order to gget this to work!!! please!!!!.... please...

dirname `rpm -ql wine|grep winedefault`|\
xargs -i sh -c "cd {} && regedit winedefault.reg"

IOW, find out where RH has decided to put winedefault.reg, cd to there
and run the dam' command.  IIRC regedit requires a windows path, so it
must be on a configured wine "drive".

Or you may copy it from where RH put it to a configured wine "drive" and
regedit it there, or specify that path to regedit.

Lawson

It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so
ingenious.

--
---oops---