What's with the socket file?

Fredrik Persson frepe at bredband.net
Tue Apr 15 16:11:54 CDT 2003

Hello!

I've just installed Gentoo Linux hoping to run some decent Direct Connect client on it. After trying the
ones included in Gentoo, I decided they weren't good enough. (They crashed.) So I'd like to try DC++
using wine. So I installed winex-cvs in the Gentoo distro.

However, it doesn't really work. This is what I get (zeppo is my box):

$ winex-cvs .winex-cvs/fake_windows/Program\ Files/DCPlusPlus-0.241/DCPlusPlus.exe
wine: lstat /home/frepe/.winex-cvs/wineserver-zeppo/socket : No such file or directory

I've googled around and found that if  remove the ~/.winex-cvs/wineserver-zeppo directory every time I
start wine, things should work. They don't. I don't get the error message, but nothing, NOTHING
happens.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

/Fredrik Persson