TOO MANY ERRORS

James LiGate Escape at usa.net
Sun Apr 20 19:18:06 CDT 2003

On 4/20/2003 at 8:35 PM Alan Bort wrote:

>Ok, I've tried wine with about 10 different aplications and it always
>returns SOME kind of error... and it closes... the only one I can run
>without ANY problem is DiabloII.... not even half life runs on wine...

[SNIP]

I had similarly bad luck.  I only wanted to run TWO applications: mIRC (which
is even on the "gold" list) and mIRCStats.  Both failed miserably.

But Notepad runs great.  Sigh.

Until I hear something that hints otherwise, I'm going to assume it's
something screwy in my build or setup.  It just doesn't make sense: Wine is
NOT as bad as what I'm seeing here, so I'm pretty sure I've done something
horribly wrong.  WHAT, though, I have no idea.

Oh well... eventually, I guess.

James