TOO MANY ERRORS

Tien F Lee tl47 at cornell.edu
Wed Apr 23 00:22:24 CDT 2003

Actually, WineX 3 is out for good.

WineX 2.x worked with WarCraft III with nearly no flaws for me.
Sometimes, the problem might not be that the programs don't work in
WINE. Rather, it does not work for everyone. I haven't tried WineX 3
with WarCraft III yet... or anything other than a very old game
(DUNE2000), which also works flawlessly. What do I mean by no flaws?
Well, there are no graphics glitches, no multiplayer problems, and I
have almost finished the whole game running in Linux. Installation also
worked without any special workaround (just winex /mnt/cdrom/setup.exe).

Diablo should also work with WineX without a problem. Maybe you need to
purchase the license to use with secure ROM stuff (i.e. copyprotected CDs).

As for non-games, Codeweavers' products do work very well with the
programs they advertise it to work with. Of course, you pay good dough
to make your life easier. Otherwise, just fiddle with WINE... it should
be possible to get it to work if Codeweaver's wine works...

BTW, last I checked (admittedly a long time ago), VMware doesn't really
support much DirectX. So your games will most certainly not run...

Tien.