Problems Running Word Perfect 9 for Win32 under Wine

Bruce Griffis griffisb at bellsouth.net
Sat Apr 26 21:04:46 CDT 2003

I am able to open Corel Word Perfect 9 for Windows in Wine. I am able to
create new documents. I can save documents. But when I go to open an
existing document, either on the /mnt/windows or on the /mnt/floppy, Word
Perfect 9 crashes and I get an error log similar to the following:

Note: I can open Notepad. I can create new documents and save them, I can
also read existing documents on both my /mnt/windows and on my /mnt/floppy
and save them. Notepad does not crash on reading/writing files, WP9 does.