Access denied on on rw vfat partition

Bryan Dunn bryan_dunn at aearo.com
Tue Apr 29 06:37:42 CDT 2003

Hello All,

    I am currently using Red Hat 8 and wine 20030408. I have mounted my
windows 2000 partition rw in the fstab:

/dev/hda2               /win                    vfat
uid=bdunn,gid=bdunn,exec,dev,conv=binary,suid,rw,umask=000      0 0

I am trying to run Gentran60CL using wine, and it gives me an error
message: Access to C:/Gentran60CL/ECWBfmc is denied.

Works fine on the windows side. I tried copying this directory to a unix
partiton, creating a drive in the wine config file and running "wine
Mentor.exe /ECWBfmc", but I receive the same message. I also tried
giving myself ownership of the /win partition, changing file permissions
(they are 777 right now), etc. For some reason, the gentran exe won't
read/write this directory. I can write files to any dir on the windows
partition without problem.... Has anyone ever encountered anything like
this?

    Thanks for your help,

       Bryan