wine and RedHat 9

Eduardo Silva edusilva at nortelnetworks.com
Wed Apr 30 10:54:54 CDT 2003

You can also try to use the wineintall tool in the tools directory of
your source code, and modify the script to include the --with-nptl flag.

The problem is due to the fact of the new threading technology
implemented in RH9.

The other workaround is to set the an environment variable
LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5. The you can run the normal wine you have
installed (although I do recommend the re-compile option better).

BR,

--

*Eduardo Silva*
Wireless Network Engineer