X Error of failed request

Matt Kiefer x6 at techie.com
Mon Aug 18 18:01:24 CDT 2003

I've seen this error on many news-group and forum posts, but I've never seen any resolutions for it.

When I try to install any application that uses InstallShiled (Unreal, SOF_Gold) it initializes the Install Shield engine, and then gives me a console error:

X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
  Major opcode of failed request:  12 (X_ConfigureWindow)
  Serial number of failed request:  93

(always the same numbers, BTW.)

At that point, the installshield hangs and has to be killed manually.

This all started when I removed the Wine RPM I had installed to install WineX.  I couldn't get anything to work under it, so I removed it and reinstalled the newest RPM of wine.

I then tried to go about reinstalling some apps, and that's when this error started.  I've searched for everything on my system pertaining to Wine and deleted it, including all of my config files (which worked fine before) and reintsalled the RPM to no avail.  Other apps, like notepad, will run just fine, and I can install progs that don't use the InstallShield, like WinMX, but anything that uses the InstallShield is doomed to hang.

System:
RH9.0, vanilla kernel
Most recent version of Wine via RPM compiled for RH9 and athalon

~M~
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

http://corp.mail.com/careers