X Error of failed request

Robert Shearman R.J.Shearman at warwick.ac.uk
Wed Aug 20 18:36:46 CDT 2003

> When I try to install any application that uses InstallShiled (Unreal,
SOF_Gold) it
> initializes the Install Shield engine, and then gives me a console error:
>
> X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
>   Major opcode of failed request:  12 (X_ConfigureWindow)
>   Serial number of failed request:  93

There is a message describing the problem and the resolution here:
http://www.winehq.org/hypermail/wine-devel/2003/08/0356.html

Unfortunately, it will require downloading the patch in the mentioned in the
message, reversing it from the source and compiling it.
If you and other people are unhappy with this not being fixed, raise your
voices on wine-devel. Hopefully someone will take the time to submit a
proper fix to this.

Rob