Problem with the registry

Don Rozenberg rozen at mcn.org
Sat Dec 6 15:47:22 CST 2003

Hi,

I am running wine 200003000813-2 on Debian on a x86 machine.  My problem
seems to occur when I try to install SigmaPlot 8.0.2.  The installation
begins and I get the nice splash, a welcome tune, and a bunch of stuff
seems to work.  It installed Acroreader from the disk and will open the
pdf for the user guide.  When I try to do the actual installation of the
program, it churns away for several seconds, a little window for the
installer is created but it is not populated and I get the following
error message.

fixme:ole:CoTreatAsClass
({8c3c1b17-e59d-11d2-b40b-00a024b9dddd},{22d84ec7-e201-4432-b3ed-a9dca3604594})
Warning: Language 'us' was not recognized, defaulting to English

ERROR: You need to merge the 'winedefault.reg' file into your
       Wine registry by running: `regedit winedefault.reg'

fixme:ole:_LocalServerThread CoMarshalInterface failed, 80070057!

ERROR: You need to merge the 'winedefault.reg' file into your
       Wine registry by running: `regedit winedefault.reg'

fixme:ole:_LocalServerThread CoMarshalInterface failed, 80070057!
Wine failed with return code 1

I have done a lot of experimentation with winedefault.reg.  I moved
winedefault.reg.gz to '~/.wine' and expanded the file to
winedefault.reg. I then ran 'wine regedit winedefault.reg' in my
'~/.wine'.  I tried copying winedefault.reg to '/etc/wine.systemreg'.

I can't figure out if I am doing something wrong or if SigmaPlot wants
too much.

Would appreciate any suggestions.

--
Don Rozenberg